Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas

Postby Jerrytheplater » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:08 pm

Just want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. It is snowing a little here in NJ. I am very happy about that.
Jerry Smith, Bloomingdale, NJ USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association member
http://www.njagc.net/
Jerrytheplater

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby Sand » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:34 am

Merry Christmas back at you! I hope you enjoy your white Christmas. I find Christmas day very peaceful, if only in my mind haha!
I am enjoying my tee shirt and shorts Christmas, as I live in Florida.
I was going to move back to Michigan in the beginning of the year, but I ended up staying here. I do love the weather but miss the friends and family at this time of the year especially!
Sand

Postby Jerrytheplater » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:38 pm

I went to college in Melbourne. My grandparents lived in Safety Harbor and I took the bus over to visit at Thanksgiving.

Moved into a rental home on a 60 acre orange grove in West Melbourne Jan. '77 when the cold snap brought temps down to 17F for a few days. House had no heat, just fireplace. Didn't need to store the milk in the refrigerator, it was fine out all day long! That was cold. I checked the area via Google Earth and it looks like the entire street has been built up and the grove doesn't exist any more. The poultry farm down the street is gone too. Woke up to the neighbors Pea fowl and Guinea fowl coming over to the orchard to wander around. The tree frogs would stick to the window glass when spring came around late at night while I was studying. They were eating the bugs attracted to my light.

My roommate dug a fish pond in the front yard we fed by an artesian well. Water just drained away into the sandy soil and the well filled it up with sulfur water. Mollies caught locally did well.
Jerry Smith, Bloomingdale, NJ USA
Aquatic Gardeners Association member
http://www.njagc.net/
Jerrytheplater

Postby CherylR » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 am

Merry Christmas, belatedly! Sorry, I've been out of touch. My sister gave me an iPod for Christmas and I immediately downloaded Pong.

Cheryl
AGA President
CherylR
Site Admin

Return to Miscellany