ECS 2007

Moderator: SCMurphy

ECS 2007

Postby SCMurphy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:38 am

Just got an email from Jan, The European Cryptocoryne Society is going to meet in the Netherlands this year, which we knew. The meetings will be in the south of the country near Leiden, where the herbarium is. Jan mentioned that they were trying to have them in the coastal town of Noordwijk. This is the place that Jan took me to see the North Sea. (there are a couple pictures of the town in my travelog) I don't have any meeting location info yet. The dates are probably the first weekend in October. When the full announcement is made I'll make sure to update this post.

Anyone wanting to go should brush up their German, Dutch, and learn to drop the English idioms. I only managed the last one.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

That IS an aquascape, it's titled THE VACANT LOT.
SCMurphy

Postby DelawareJim » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:37 pm

Streef hoo na!

I'm really looking forward to the meeting this year.

Cheers.
Jim
DelawareJim

Postby AaronT » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:42 pm

Are you going this year Jim? Lucky dog. 8)
In the D.C., Maryland, or NOVA area? Come check out The Greater Washington Aquatic Plants Association! www.gwapa.org
AaronT

Postby Kai Witte » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:17 pm

Anyone wanting to go should brush up their German, Dutch, and learn to drop the English idioms.

Nah, some idioms are fine except for the talks. The more German-impaired crypt nuts do show up, the more of the meeting will be in English (or translated into something remotely similar, at least... :P )

Until recently, the ECS members where mainly from central Europe and German happened to be a suitable lingua franca (hats off to Niels as well as the Dutch friends who all happen to speak very decent German!). With more and more participants from other European countries (as well as guests from other continents), I expect the ECS meetings to shift to English rather sooner than later. Anyway, language barriers have never lasted long among crypt nuts AFAIK! :D

Hope to see you there! :cool:
Best wishes,
Kai
Kai Witte

Postby SCMurphy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:27 am

This just in,

Dear friends,

The next meeting of the European Cryptocoryne Society is organised. You are invited to join in Noordwijk from 5 to 7 October 2007.

Full information at

http://www.nationaalherbarium.nl/Crypto ... 7main.html

Perhaps you can help me to retrieve email addresses of
Hans Ehrl(D), Rainer Dietz (D), Bruno Lettau (D), Johann Posch (A), Th. Utinger (CH).

When you know other interested people, who like to join and can contribute to the ECS, please inform me.

Best regards,

Jan
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

That IS an aquascape, it's titled THE VACANT LOT.
SCMurphy

Postby DelawareJim » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:10 am

Just a reminder that the deadline to register for the ECS is July 1.

http://www.nationaalherbarium.nl/Crypto ... ation.html

Cheers.
Jim
DelawareJim

Return to North American Cryptocoryne Society