Going to have some C. moehlmannii for give away or trade.

Moderator: SCMurphy

Going to have some C. moehlmannii for give away or trade.

Postby Paul Krombholz » Wed May 23, 2007 7:37 pm

Some time this summer I am going to be re-doing my 29 gallon crypt tank, and I will be getting rid of about 10 or so large plants of C. moehlmannii and also some wendtii green gecko plants. They can be give away, but if you happen to want them and also have a spare plant or two of C. aponogetiifolia, I would like to get it.
Avoiding work as usual
Paul Krombholz

Postby SCMurphy » Thu May 24, 2007 4:03 am

Paul,

We have 3 guys in GWAPA growing C. aponogetiifolia, as soon as someone has a grown runner they can pull we'll get you one.
"したくさ" Sean

Aquascape? I'm a crypt farmer.

If you've got bait, I've got wasabi!

That IS an aquascape, it's titled THE VACANT LOT.
SCMurphy

Postby Purrbox » Thu May 24, 2007 11:37 am

I'd be interested in giving the C. wendtii 'Green Gecko' a try. I'm not familiar with the other Crypt so I suspect that it's a softwater crypt which I'm not setup for at the moment.
[b][color=purple]~Joy[/color][/b]

Finally enjoying my dream aquarium. Low Maintenance 40 Gallon Breeder.
Purrbox

Postby Paul Krombholz » Thu May 24, 2007 9:17 pm

The C. moehlmannii is a large, easy to grow crypt with green leaves. It is not particularly fussy about water hardness.
We have 3 guys in GWAPA growing C. aponogetiifolia, as soon as someone has a grown runner they can pull we'll get you one.

That is very kind! Anybody want the moehlmannii in trade? If not, I will be glad to pay.
Avoiding work as usual
Paul Krombholz

Postby AaronT » Fri May 25, 2007 5:07 am

Purrbox - definitely give the moehlmanii a try. It's really easy to grow and it's one of the more attractive submersed Crypts.
In the D.C., Maryland, or NOVA area? Come check out The Greater Washington Aquatic Plants Association! www.gwapa.org
AaronT

Postby Purrbox » Fri May 25, 2007 6:07 pm

Okay, Aaron talked me into it. I'd like to give both a try, although they'll probably be going into my emersed setup instead of an aquarium. All of my aquariums are quite small and already bursting at the seams with plants.

Purrbox

Postby Paul Krombholz » Sat May 26, 2007 5:15 pm

OK, Joy.

You are on my list to get some C. moehlmannii and wendtii green gecko.

Anybody else?
Avoiding work as usual
Paul Krombholz

Postby ruki » Sun May 27, 2007 5:35 pm

Since it's not something I'm likely to kill off right away, I'll give it a shot if they are available.

I just cleared out some Java fern I was starting up in my medium light soft water tank. It's a 20H with about a dozen potted crypts with C. Wentii varieties doing well. Others are just holding their own.
ruki

Postby Paul Krombholz » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:52 am

ruki,

Do you just want the moehlmannii or do you want moehlmannii and the green gecko?
Avoiding work as usual
Paul Krombholz

Postby ruki » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:19 am

Both would be great! I don't have either of those. I'm hoping to try out with all of the easier to grow species before moving on to the difficult ones.
ruki

Postby DelawareJim » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:54 am

Paul;

I'll give it a go.

I've got some C. pontederiifolia and a green gecko that we're beginning to suspect may not be the case.

I'm one of the GWAPA keepers of C. aponogetiifolia that Sean got at Gula last year and the plant is growing quite robustly, but has not thrown any runners yet. When it does, it has your name on it.

Cheers.
Jim
DelawareJim

Postby Paul Krombholz » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:38 am

Thanks, Jim!

You are on my list, which now includes:
Purrbox, ruki and DelawareJim---All three getting both C. moehlmannii and green gecko.
Avoiding work as usual
Paul Krombholz

Postby Paul Krombholz » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:46 pm

The time has come! This week I am going to clean out the tank. Purrbox, ruki and DelawareJim---send me your addresses. I also have a lot of C. cordata for give-away if anybody wants that.

Paul K.
Avoiding work as usual
Paul Krombholz

Postby Purrbox » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:12 pm

It's been a couple of weeks and I haven't heard anything further about this, although I did PM you my address a day or two after your post. Just curious about the current status. Thanks!

Purrbox

Re: Going to have some C. moehlmannii for give away or trade

Postby will5 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:56 am

Paul Krombholz wrote:Some time this summer I am going to be re-doing my 29 gallon crypt tank, and I will be getting rid of about 10 or so large plants of C. moehlmannii and also some wendtii green gecko plants. They can be give away, but if you happen to want them and also have a spare plant or two of C. aponogetiifolia, I would like to get it.

I know i am quite a bit late but i'll take one of anyone of those. I do have one small C. aponogetiifolia. I do also have C. affins that i could also trade. The C. affins is small as well.

I am still rather new to crypt's and really don't have to many to trade.
will5

Return to North American Cryptocoryne Society